No. The only insurance adjuster you should speak with after a car accident is the adjuster for your own insurance company or the insurance company handling your no-fault/Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claim. You have a contractual obligation to report the accident to your insurance company and cooperate with your own insurance company to receive benefits available to you under your insurance policy. However, you should not speak to or sign anything for the adjuster for the other driver’s insurance company. You have no obligation to provide a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company or sign anything for the other driver’s insurance company. I have seen numerous situations where an individual has unknowingly signed a Release giving up their claim and any right to additional compensation. If you are being contacted by the insurance company for the at-fault party, you should contact a Personal Injury attorney for a free consultation.


Copyright © 2018 MacElree Harvey, Ltd. All rights reserved. | Disclaimer | Sitemap

New York Web Design